Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blessings abound!

I have completed Hat #8!!! YESSSSS!!! :) The smallest things makes me happy! This is a man's textured hat, I seem to love making the textured stitches for male hats. However, as I was finishing this hat up, I realized that I could turn it into a ladies hat very easily by threading a ribbon through it. The wheels in my brain are constantly spinning with different ideas on hats, because I simply LOVE doing this! The picture is a little blurry, so my apologies!

 
I LOVE the color too, and I don't think this picture does justice to the color at all. It is a darker teal blue, the flash just makes it appear lighter blue.
 
I had an awesome visit with a really great friend and her daughter on Tuesday evening. She surprised me with a donation of composition notebooks, and I am just so darn EXCITED!!!  
 
 
 
She donated 2 cases which is just AWESOME!! There are 24 total and I am ecstatic over it, can you tell? :) I could never do this without all of the support and donations from everyone!!! Thank you Mo, you are the greatest, love you! <3 Can hardly wait to go shopping for material and embellishments to cover them in!
 
I also was able to talk to a cousin that I have not seen in 26 years!! I was so darn excited and we had an amazing conversation, the first of MANY! I grew up and went to school with her and a LOT of other cousins back in Florida, and I sure miss them loads! She is an AMAZING and strong woman who is a two time cancer survivor!! :) I am so BLESSED to be able to do what I do and give of myself to others!
 
I did get some feedback from my contact at MD Anderson Cancer Center, and the patients love the variety of hats we are able to donate and they really love the Journey Journals, so I KNOW that what we are doing is MAKING A DIFFERENCE!! I am forever grateful for the talent and inspiration that God has given me to start and continue this project! I will never be able to express my deep felt gratitude to all those that help to make this possible!!! Thank you from my heart and soul! Until my next update, may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within.... <3

2 comments:

  1. Your so welcome momma! I'm waiting for yarn to go on sale so I can get u some and some for my stock pile that I'm trying to establish. I went to hobby lobby today and they didnt have the kind we like. Guess I will have to travel the 202 N to the big Joann store they have a lot. I'm gonna get u a couple of them "lemon-lime" So u can make some awesome hats. That is my fav kind of yarn. Anyways, I'm rambling. Your welcome! Anything else I can do to help let me kno!!! Love you, Mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANY kind of soft yarn works!! I like the Red Heart Soft that they have too. I was in Michael's the other day (I was sooooo good lol) and I saw some really soft really bulky yarn, and I was like ohhhhhhhhh, I'd love to play with that and make a cool hat!! If I can make it down to Tucson soon, my MIL has 3 bags of yarn that her boss donated too! :) You ALWAYS help and I think you are AWESOME!! How is the hat coming? Did you figure it out or still need some help? Love you!! <3

      Delete