Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New hats and donations!!

Good afternoon all, hope everyone is having a fabulous day! :) It is time for my weekly update and the first update for the month of February, the VALENTINE month!! <3 I must say I am not a huge fan of Valentine's day, simply because society has commercialized it way too much. I am, however, a huge fan of hearts, I just LOVE hearts of every shape and size! So as promised, my first hat of the month has a Valentine theme, and I think it is darn cute! I really didn't use a pattern, except for the basic ear flap beanie. I just crocheted different heart shapes from patterns found throughout the internet and one of my favorite sites Pinterest, and sewed them on the beanie how I wanted it to look. This is hat #9, a little girl's ear flap Valentine hat.

 
Not too sure of how to make men or boy's hats themed around this "girly" holiday though, maybe just a couple of plain red hats? LOL

My little sis made hat #2, an infant hat. I think this started out as a hat for a friend (one of those bearded beanies), however, I am so glad she "accidentally" followed the wrong size pattern and made it for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 instead! :) I love the little pompoms on it, and I attempted it for my Valentine hat, but no can do, I didn't like how it looked on mine. I think I need to invest in a pompom maker or something. LOL

 
 
I received several donations in the last week. My beautiful Mother-in-law donated lots of scrapbook paper for the inside of the Journey Journals for which I will be forever grateful, has anyone priced scrapbook paper and embellishments? That stuff is not cheap!
 
 
And I received an awesome donation of all kinds of yarn from her boss on the same day! The balls of yarn will make so many different flowers and the skeins of yarn will make lots of hats!
 
 
And the last donation received, was today from a wonderful lady I work with. She donated another 6 composition notebooks for Journey Journals. She has donated before, a scrap booking kit with all kinds of paper and little things in it. :) I have a total of 31 composition notebooks now that I can turn into Journey Journals! I feel a trip to my older sister's is in the near future so maybe she can help me with some creativity.
 
Donations make me HAPPY!!! Now I don't want that to seem like it is selfish and greedy to my reader's, it is definitely NOT meant that way! Without help from friend's and family with donations of supplies and help with the crocheting of hats, what we do would not be possible. I know I sound like a stuck record also, but I just can't explain the feeling you get when you know what you are doing and giving is bringing a smile to someones face and joy to their heart! <3  We CAN make a difference by scattering kindness! Come help me scatter the seeds of kindness so they can grow and we can be the change! Until my next update, may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within...<3
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm... Febuary is also Heat disease awareness month, which is very near and dear to my heart because both my parents have it and so does my father in law. <3 U And keep up the awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be researching the "net" and trying to find the perfect man's hat to represent heart disease, this is another disease that affects us all! Thank you for the idea, those are welcome ALL the time!!!! <3 you also and thank you for always supporting me! LOVE when I get comments, they are AWESOME and so are you!! <3

    ReplyDelete