Saturday, February 9, 2013

Heart Disease Awareness month is February!

Happy Saturday to all! I have just put the finishing touches on Hat #10, a man's red and white hat in honor of a friend's parents and father- in-law and also in honor of my sister's significant other, who suffer from Heart Disease! I know that my group focuses specifically on cancer, but heart disease is very prevalent also and affects all. I work for a fantastic group of cardiologists, and you would think that I of all people would have remembered that February is Heart Disease Awareness month!! I hope to NOT make that mistake again! Thank you Mo for the reminder, hope I did okay on this man's hat and it doesn't look too "girly"! What do you think?


Yes, Heart Disease Awareness is represented by the red awareness ribbon! I researched it and this color of ribbon represents A LOT!!! Heart Disease, SVT, AIDS, Stroke, Alcholism and Drug Abuse, Hypertension, and the list continues on....

I was watching "Bones" about a week ago with my wonderful hubby, and it brought to mind the reason I do this, but also I wanted to let everyone know that I have this blog simply to display my creativity and keep a log for myself of my progress and my journey, and it is a way to get support and donations of supplies as I can't afford much. It in no way is meant to "boast" or "brag"  or "puff" myself up and make myself seem important in any one's eyes. I prefer being anonymous and enjoy being in the background very much. Quite simply, I LOVE making things for other people and feeling like I am making a difference!  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up...1 Corinthians 13:4   And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 1 Corinthians 13:13.

Until my next update may the light of God's love help each of you to Glow from Within....<3

2 comments:

  1. THANK you so very much!! Not sure who wrote the comment, but it is so very much appreciated!!! I typed this once, but for whatever reason it did not post it :(. Again, thank you so much, I'm glad you love it! <3

    ReplyDelete