Saturday, January 19, 2013

Prayer and faith reminders...

As I sit here to post a small update on my blog (not all will have pictures of our latest creations), I am thankful for each blessing in my life. I wanted to share my thoughts and remind all who take time out of their busy lives to read and follow my blog, of the power of prayer, the power of faith and the power of positive thinking.

Now for those who know me really well, know that I am a very private person when it comes to my beliefs on God, religion and politics. I keep my thoughts to myself because I choose NOT to debate who's belief is right or wrong, you believe what you want and I believe what I want and as long as it isn't shoved in my face, we will get along just fine. This has always been my philosophy and will remain so. However, when you are reminded of the blessings in your life, you do at some point, wish to share and hope that it touches someone who may need it.

Let me share a little story.... A few years ago, right around Christmas time (this may get long, so bear with me please) my husband's car broke down. My daughter was bringing me home from work and I was falling apart and trying to figure out how we were going to afford to get the car fixed and Christmas presents etc. I was able to come up with a solution to our problem and my daughter looked at me and said Positive thinking changes everything Mom! We had been trying to keep each other positive through all of our challenges we were having with this line and it WORKED! Along with prayer and faith! Now from that point on, I would roll out of bed each morning and repeat this line to myself until it became a habit, and I became a very positive person. Now, I'm not saying I am positive and upbeat at all times, because the day to day struggle sometimes gets to me and I have to throw myself a little pity party, but then I'm good and back on the positive side of things again. Another example....we were going to lose our home to foreclosure shortly after that, but a realtor came to our door and said "I can put your house up for short sale". We didn't lose the house to foreclosure at all, it did sell (we saw no profit because of the short sell) and we were able to find a place for rent closer to my work. Then my husband was laid off from his job....OMGNESS, will it never end? Yes, that was what we were thinking also!! He has been unemployed now for 2 long years, and we have done our best to hold things together and barely surviving. Now this would not be possible at all on just my income alone. We have been blessed with having help from our family financially when we have desperately needed it.

Now where, you may ask, does the power of prayer, faith and positive thinking come into this? Throughout all of this! Each time that we were desperately trying to figure out where we were going to come up with money to pay this bill or put food on the table or put gas in the car, we have been blessed with a solution to the problem! I have stayed positive throughout all of our struggles, and when I have fallen down, someone was there to give me a hand back up....my husband, my daughter, my sister, a friend...reminding me that we would get through it. I prayed, my faith wavered, it was restored, I would have a rotten day and be negative..I would see the love of my life struggling to stay positive for me. How could I be feeling low, when he has been the one struggling on a daily basis to find a job and not find one?

I do not attend church for my own personal reasons, but that does not mean that I don't believe in God or pray or have faith in His will! I try every day to be a better person, and conquer my weaknesses...it will be ongoing until the day I am called home. I try so very hard to not judge people, I need to try harder! I started my project over a year ago and I cannot express to you the feelings it gives me! It progresses at a steady pace, sometimes slowly and sometimes not as fast as I would like, but patience I pray for on a daily basis! I just wanted to send a gentle reminder to those that may need it that God DOES answer prayers, in His own time and He does reward the faithful, whether you attend church or not, and the power of positive thinking does work! Sending my love out along the wires to each of you and until my next post may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment