Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mini vacation and mini blog update.

Good evening my friends! I hope everyone is staying cool, or here in AZ attempting to anyway. WHEW, it is HOTTTTT!!! Record temps for two days combined with increasing humidity, means anytime I walk outside I feel as though I'm melting into a little puddle! LOL :D As my oldest sister Lulu said, "It is hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July!"

Okay, enough about the heat :) My wonderful hubby and I were treated to a little mini~vacation up to the Grand Canyon by my beautiful Mother-in-law. It was wonderful to escape the heat for a few days, even if we chose the wrong weekend to do it LOL! It was for my hubby's 50th birthday, and it was great to get out of town even for 3 days. We went up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and I thought it was beautiful and breathtaking! We were disappointed by the fact that there just aren't enough pull outs on the North Rim. I think there is only a couple, but the colors were more vibrant than the South Rim. I was also able to see a lot more wildlife than I've ever seen in my whole life! I did take the baby blanket to work on, but I did not pick it up once, I was too busy enjoying the scenery and relaxing! My crocheting does relax me, but sometimes it is nice to just not do anything and enjoy the ride! The next day we were visiting the South Rim and then we came back the following day. It was a great little trip.

I had a little trouble the week after getting back into the groove of my crocheting. Not sure if it was just the heat, or being so busy at work that I was exhausted when I got home or what, but wow, last week I just couldn't pick it up! So yesterday and today, I was determined to get at least one hat done for my project! I am happy to say that I did succeed in getting a ladies sunhat done, despite my wrists bothering me! It didn't quite turn out how I envisioned in my mind, but I think it still turned out rather cute!


I think I am just going to have to figure out my phone camera, or maybe the user just needs to figure out how to take better pictures LOL!

Well I did say a mini blog update, and here I am still rambling! I hope to get a man's hat started and finished pretty quickly in the upcoming week so keep your eye's open for that! Until we meet again may the light of God's love help each and every one of you to Glow from Within......<3

2 comments:

  1. The purple hat is stunning ... absolutely beautiful, Rita. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Ms. Rhonda! :) I wanted the brim a little wider, but am very pleased with how it turned out anyway! Stay tuned, I always have something going on :)

    ReplyDelete