Friday, July 5, 2013

Quiet Independence Day's

Good morning all! Just a brief little update for you this morning. Our Independence Day aka July 4th, was quietly spent at home enjoying each other's company. We didn't have a barbecue or have anyone over, our kids were busy either working or spending time with their significant other's. It was a little too warm outside anyway, so I was busy inside making a couple of hats for the project! As I was making my hats, I was also reflecting on our Independence Day and what it means to keep our country free! The many sacrifices that our men and women of the armed forces make each and every day, yes that is their choice, but without their choice to do so.....would our country still be free? I am proud to be an American and LOVE my country, and as the Pledge of Allegiance has always stated "In God We Trust", so do I! It isn't just a day to have a barbecue or an excuse to watch fireworks, but a day to reflect on the many sacrifices of those that came before us, those in the present making sacrifices and those that will be making the sacrifices to keep us free!

Now, as I stated I made two hats for the project yesterday. I really wanted to make three, but found that after the second hat was finished, my wrists said...NO WAY, are you crazy??? LOL So, two completed hats for you this time.... the first hat up is a little boy's patriotic themed ear flap hat! It was the last hat I finished up yesterday, and it turned out really cute! I found the pattern over at Micah Makes and I am grateful for the free pattern for a basic ear flap hat! It will be put to use many times in the future, I am sure!



I started out the morning making a man's hat with a big chunky yarn by Lion Brand called Wool Ease. Now I loved working with this yarn, the hat worked up super quick and it is a softer yarn, but not fuzzy, so it was easy to work with.


This pattern was found over on the Ravelry website by Dawn Gillis. I love the simplicity of the design and that it has a brim on it. I am going to start trying to give credit for these free patterns that I use to whom the credit belongs to. I'm still learning this "blog" thing, and hope everyone realizes this is still a work in progress. :) Without some of the free patterns from the internet, I'm sure I wouldn't be as far along as I am, because creating your own patterns is a challenge at times!

I received another donation of yarn's, fabric and some buttons from another beautiful soul who saw my "flyer" at work. I will never have enough words to express my gratitude for the many donations I have received and the help I am getting with making the hats! Without the support, donations and inspiration you all give me, it would indeed be a slower process than what it is currently! Thank you from the depths of my soul for your generosity and kindness!

Now I must get up and finish up morning chores so I can get ready to leave for a short visit to my sister's. Going to work on a "travel journal" while I'm there, as my sister and I don't want to forget one minute of our upcoming "Road Trip vacation to Florida"! Until my next posting may the light of God's love help each and everyone one of you to Glow from Within..... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment