Monday, July 29, 2013

My weekend FLEW by!

Hello all! I wanted to update yesterday, but before I knew what happened, it was time for bed! I was very busy yesterday, all weekend really, and it did turn into a very productive weekend. I wish they could all be as productive as that LOL! So there is A LOT to share with you all! Ms. Debbie created 2 hats for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3. I love the colors and simplicity of her hats, they are great! And the bobbles on the edging of this hat are simply fabulous! 


And just look at the hues of this hat! Aren't they pretty? Reminds me of an AZ sunset! :)


I had started on a man's hat at the beginning of the week, but was unable to complete it until Saturday morning. Sometimes you just set out with the best intentions, and somehow they just get blown out of the water LOL, but not to worry, I was back at it with a vengeance to get it done! So here is the man's tweed look hat, I found the pattern over at Crochetville.


I am trying something new with the photo's in hopes that one's focus will be on the hat itself and not my chairs, table or refrigerator LOL. So please give me some constructive feedback and let me know your thoughts! :)  I'm feeling the need to update and make some changes to my blog, all for the best I hope. I will not be taking on that endeavor until after I've returned from vacation, as I still have way too much to finish up before it is time for me to go.

I tried really hard on Saturday to get inspired to make some Journey Journals, but then was unable to do so, so I started a ladies beaded beanie that I finished up on Sunday morning. You can find the pattern over at The Laughing Willow and there is a great video tutorial on how to add beads to your hat so that the beads do not fall through the stitches. We most definitely don't want the patients who wear these hats to have beads scratching their beautiful heads! This was my first attempt at putting beads into my crocheting, and I didn't do too bad, but I really want to try finding some smaller beads next time.


I was able to create two Journey Journals also on Sunday, along with a birthday card and baking brownies ha ha! I had been in a creative slump for a couple of weeks before, and I guess it just hit me all at once this weekend LOL! Here are the two journals, and hopefully everyone remembers that these are given to the patients so that they can write whatever they want in them. The feedback that we received was that they were very helpful for the patients in helping them keep track of medications, dietary changes and numerous other things I'm sure.


I believe that is all the photo's I have for you on this update, but please come back, as we are always creating more! I am positive I wanted to say so much more this evening, but I think my mind is flying so fast that the thoughts are escaping quicker than they can be captured. I leave you with this quote by Emmanuel Swedenborg: 
"Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want and do."
May the light of God's love help each and every one of you to Glow from Within....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment