Sunday, August 11, 2013

Superhero's, Minion's and Cephalopod's....?

Happy Sunday morning to you! Hope this finds everyone well and feeling very blessed! I always feel blessed and am very thankful for my many blessings, even when they are challenges! It is another beautiful morning in sunny AZ and I am enjoying the mornings immensely, as the sun makes it's way across the sky, it still heats up the afternoon and runs me in under the A/C though. :) I am hoping that leaves will be starting to turn in a few weeks in other parts of the country that I will be passing through so I can get some pictures of that! Yes, my vacation is getting closer and I'm getting even more EXCITED for it to be here, I am finding that my mind does not want to turn off when I am ready for bed LOL. My oldest sister, Lulu, will be coming next weekend and we are going to go shopping!!! We always seem to go shopping in Tucson, so we are changing it up this time and she is going to stay overnight here and we will be making some stuff for our road trip too. You know, things like Peanut Butter granola, Ranch chex mix, Cinnamon Sugared Pecans....munchies....:)

Okay, I'm sure you are already tired of hearing about my vacation, so on with some new photo's to show you of some new hats! Well, let's start with a Superhero, shall we? This is a "pinspiration", and it took me a couple of weekends to make. I just couldn't figure out the black portion of the mask, and finally figured it out on Saturday. :) So here is Wolverine...some little boy is just gonna love this one!


And then there is a cephalopod hoodie that my little sister made, and what is a cephalopod you ask? Well, as near as I can tell, it is an Octopus :D You can read all about this little inspiration over at her blog The Realm of Nevermoore.  I just love the color and what she has done with the buttons for eyes and such! Sorry I really don't have a better picture of it, maybe when she gets back to AZ we can get a better picture of it, but until then here it is.


Now early last weekend, I had wanted to make a little girl's lamb hat, and I succeeded. Now, when I was done with it, I thought it was the ugliest hat I had ever created! :( I seriously thought of tossing this whole hat in the trash, but I posted the picture on facebook anyway, and everyone thought it was cute. I was still having a hard time with this and my middle sister's honey suggested eyelashes. WHAT?! Why on earth didn't I think of this? Yes, sometimes the creative wire in my brain shorts out...LOL So, on Saturday, I added some eyelashes and straightened out her little nose and I am much happier with this hat now. Here is Lambchop, a cute little lamb hat for a girl.


Now, last, but certainly not least....is a purple minion hat by my little sister. I have a purple minion "toy" on my desk at work from my daughter and this hat looks almost identical to it! Isn't he just the greatest?


There are still sooooo many hats I want to make!!! :) Right at this moment I am making a Spiderman beanie for my cousin's youngest son, it was promised over a year ago, but alas, I am behind as always! Thankfully, my family knows and understands that <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 will always be my priority, and I am very grateful to them for their patience!!!

Well I am off to finish up chores and hat's now...until my next update, may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within...<3

No comments:

Post a Comment