Monday, September 23, 2013

Back to working on hats and journals!

Happy Monday evening to all! I have been remiss in updating my blog for a few weeks, but I am back from vacation with lots of goodies to update you on! I am working on a ladies winter white slouch hat, so far I am loving the new stitch! First things first though, my vacation was AMAZING!! Though I missed my wonderful hubby the whole time I was away from him, I loved spending a week at the beach with two of my sisters and Aunt's and Uncle...and then having a family get together at my Aunt Debbie's house for more family visiting! My Dad's family is rather large (he was one of 9), and of course through the years it has expanded beyond belief! I can not express my love and gratitude enough to my Aunt Debbie and all of those involved in paying for the condo at the beach and letting us stay at her house until we left. It was a very emotional and amazing trip! I would be typing all day if I put everything down that is going through my heart and brain, so on to sharing some pictures of hats that my beautiful niece made and donated to <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3. Oh and a journey journal that my sister Vicky made while we were in Florida, and my latest creation a man's hat. My oldest sister Lou and I picked up all the following pictures from my niece Eve on our way to Florida, these were all created by Eve and they are simply fabulous!!!













Aren't they just great? I love them all!!! <3  Next up is the journey journal that my sister created. It is simply ARRRRRRRRRR~some LOL

 
And the last picture I have for you is a hat that I made on Saturday. It is a man's hounds tooth beanie, I believe it turned out fairly well for being creatively "challenged" on Saturday. LOL
 
 
 
I may do a couple more like this as I really liked the stitch and how it looked. That is it for the pictures, so even though I was on vacation I still had some pretty great updates for you all! I found the pattern for this pretty cool hat over at Elk Studio Handcrafted Crochet Designs and thank her for sharing the pattern.
 
Hoping to continue the momentum and even if I don't reach my goal of 80 hats for myself for 2013, I feel that I am and have done a pretty great job so far. This includes all the help I have gotten from my sister's Lou, Vicky, Joni, my niece Eve and a pretty great lady Debbie helping make hats also! It also includes all of the numerous monetary and supply donations that I have gotten from too many people to mention, just know that your kindness means the world to me and each patient that receives a hat or journal. "No act of kindness, no matter how small....is ever wasted" ~ Aesop
 
Until my next update may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within......<3


No comments:

Post a Comment