Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Irish eyes are smiling and sometimes they leak...

I know it has been awhile since my last update, I am truly sorry! I have been trying to get caught up on birthday gifts (still have to make one) and I have been doing other things too. But on with my update! I have completed 3 Journey Journals and 2 hats for this update! I told you I have been busy lol! :) 

I love St. Patrick's day! I guess it could be that comes with being partially Irish, one day I hope to visit Ireland like my little sissy did. I love all things associated with the Irish....the Claddaugh, Celtic, the music, fairies, leprechaun's and all of it! I made a little girl's and a little boy's St. Patrick's day themed hat. And here they are!



Well, of course, I had to bling up the little girl's hat just a bit with some green jewels! What little girl doesn't like jewels? ;) Have I said recently how much I absolutely LOVE doing this?!

Next up, my three Journey Journals to add. I think my favorite is the one with the flowers so far! I have so much fun doing this, I can't imagine NOT being able to!!! <3




Well, I just noticed that the picture of the Journal in the middle does not do it justice at all. The stars on the bottom are hand crocheted stars that are glued on, with three different types of yarn. I may have to just start using my digital camera instead of my phone camera, so that maybe my pictures will be a little better!

I woke up this morning thinking of my Grandma Evelyn, she was such a beautiful woman! She always called me her hummingbird because I would sit in the backseat and just sing anytime we would go anywhere. I LOVE to sing, and I was born with music in my soul. I miss her so very much! I loved to sit and watch her strum her guitar and sing The Suwanee River and other songs with her. I will be going to bed thinking of my Dad, he has been gone for going on 27 years now, and some days are better than others. I miss being able to watch him work on his old pickup, while I sat and asked him questions. I know they are waiting on the other side for me when my journey is done, and I have a very long way to go before my journey is done! I love and miss my Florida family immensely!!! Sending my love, thoughts and prayers along the wires to ALL my family! I love and miss you all! Until my next update...may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within.....<3


2 comments:

  1. Wow, it brings tears you my eyes...remembering the lives and feeling the losses...
    As you and I learned and believe, thank God he cradles them a they await our homecoming!
    Sending hugs and kisses from Florida! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry my beautiful cousin, I didn't mean to make you cry! Ahhhh, the memories!!!!<3 I love and miss you so very much!!! <3 Thank you for just being the amazing woman you are!!! :D

      Delete