Monday, February 24, 2014

Where do my weekends go?

Good evening all! My weekends just fly by so fast, that I feel like I blink on Friday and it's Monday again! LOL it was a busy weekend for me, errands and such, but I DID get the hat done for a coworkers friend, Kate. She is a "fall" person, so I decided to make a Chocolate brown hat with an ivory glittery flower and I wanted it to have a touch of color, so I added a turquoise button as the center of the flower. The pattern for this was my own "creation" so to speak. I am working on a baby blanket and liked the stitch, so decided to try my hand at creating a pattern. I think it turned out pretty well for a first time attempt. I really hope she likes her new hat, I would like to make her another hat also, but not sure if time will allow it. Here is my Chocolate and Ivory hat, with a close up shot of the flower so you can see the "glitter". :)







I then decided I wanted a spring time inspired hat, so I created a hat with some spring colors. Again, I added a touch more color with a purple button for the flower center. I really did like the colors on this hat! I found this pattern over at Northern Girl Stamper & Boutique .





I then decided to try and work on some Journey Journals, but only got so far as ironing the fabric to cover them LOL! I WILL get some made and soon, after all the end of March is fast approaching and I want to have some journals to add to the Houston TX shipment of hats! I think I just need to dedicate a weekend to that....hmmmmmmm....now which weekend.... ;)

It seems as though my creativity "funk/slump" is now maybe over? I hope so, I kind of had to force the issue with myself and just DO IT, and I really do dislike being in a creative slump! I am in the process of making a man's hat, which I'm hoping to finish this evening. I have decided that time during the week will be dedicated to my "side" projects and the weekends will be dedicated to making hats and journals for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3. I'm thinking that in order to get everything done that I wish to get done, this is the best time management plan for me :)

And speaking of time....I MUST get busy on it if I wish to complete it this evening. I bid you all adieu until my next posting. May the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within........<3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, You will get out of your slump! I was in a slump for a while dealing with some silly health issues. I picked up my crochet hook again and felt better! I made 3 hats for a friend who is going thru chemo right now. I may have told you about her but she is a young mom going through this journey. I tried to find colors that accent her gorgeous eyes. Now that I'm done, I'm back working on Hats from the Heart. I'm finishing up a yellow and white hat and completed another. I need to make some cute flowers. Keep on keepin' on! Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you Deb, I am grateful for the help! Thank you so much! I did get out of my "slump", and it was related to illness also, I had caught a cold and it just knocked me for a loop (I haven't been sick in 3-4 years). I am so glad to be out of that slump finally, I am staying busy as I can to get things done! I bet your friend loves her hats that you made her, such a touch journey and for a young mom too...prayers being sent her way! Thank you so very much for all the help!!! Love, Rita

    ReplyDelete