Monday, May 27, 2013

Remembering our heroes today and everyday!

Happy Memorial Day to all! I hope everyone remembers and honors those who have lived and died to keep our country free. The many sacrifices they and their families have made do not go unnoticed, it is sad that there is only a day here, a day there set aside to honor them. I believe we should honor them EVERY day of our lives! God bless them all! A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell



My latest hat for the project is a man's checkered hat. I thought the colors went well together, I just hope a man doesn't think it is too "girly" of a color to wear! LOL



I spent a lovely two days with my sister Lulu (I must add she dislikes this name, but I have always called her that) in Mammoth, AZ. We laughed, we cried, we joked, we had some wine and most importantly we created!!! A total of 25 Journey Journals, which brings the total of Journals to 35 so far! I hope you enjoy perusing the following photo's of all that we made this weekend. I must also add that we were lent some creativity by two people who live more than 2000 miles away that wanted to be with us but couldn't, so they were with us in spirit, I thank them immensely for all of their love and support!! <3 And a HUGE thank you to my sister Lulu, who is always there to help me whenever I ask! <3
























Some of these were "mutually" created, meaning I would give her an idea and she would run with it and embellish on it, or she would give me an idea and then I would embellish on it. :) This was our "creation station" after it just got too warm outside for us because, after all, we do live in AZ and it sure gets warm fast around these parts!


I hope you have enjoyed meandering along our path to creativity and maybe it will inspire you to create something of your own or for someone as a gift. Gifts from the heart mean the most! <3 I must sign off for this evening and maybe work on a baby blanket for a bit before I wander off to dreamland. Until my next posting, may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within......<3

No comments:

Post a Comment