Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's, Momma's, Mommy's, Ma's and the Dad's that are Mom's also! I am truly blessed to be a Mother to two beautiful children, who have grown up to be wonderful adults. I like to think I played a big part in that role, but not all the credit goes to me LOL My hubby gets a big part of that credit too, but that is why he has a day called Father's Day! Today is all about Mother's and the many sacrifices they make and all of the love they give to each and every one of us. So despite the differences you might or might not have with your own Mother, take a minute and at least thank her for loving you enough to bring you into this world, because without her, YOU wouldn't be here. <3

I'll take my few minutes to thank my Momma now. I love you and thank you for the many sacrifices you have made for me, and despite the past, present or the future and our many differences, you will always be my Mom and loved by me. Thank you for giving me 3 wonderful sister's! I love you Mom! <3

I didn't want to get too lengthy, because I do have a couple of hat's to post pictures of also! I know it seems like I'm not updating my blog often enough (or it does to me anyway), but I am truly still making hats for my project! Next weekend will be spent covering 15 journals in fabric to get ready for my Journey Journal get together at my sister's house on Memorial Day weekend! I am also attempting to finish up a few side projects that I have a list to complete, I am happy to say that I have marked 3 things off of that list LOL! I was super excited to hear that a good friend is making 12 journals when she gets moved and settled into her new place. This means I have inspired someone to dip into their creativity wells, and that makes me happy!

On with the pictures of the two new hats! First up, a little girl's Kitty hat. Now I think this kitty looks kind of like a mouse or resembles a Spud McKenzie dog (as my little sister said), but I promise it is supposed to be a kitty! LOL


I love the little curly cue's for the ties, I may have to use them for a few more ear flap beanies :)

Next up is a ladies brimmed beanie, that I like to call a confetti hat. I love the beautiful multi colored yarn I used for this one, it reminds me of confetti :) This one took almost a full week to make and turned out smaller than what I would have liked. Next time I use this pattern, I will be using a larger hook to hopefully make it bigger. You should have seen me stretching it over my glass model head LOL!


These are the only two hats I have made, but I will be adding two more soon. I have made a total of 30 hats for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 so far, and I have a long way to go! I am indeed proud of myself and my progress on the project this year, I am determined to beat my last years personal total, and I am 10 hats away from meeting it :)

I must sign off for now, as I have many things to do today!  Until my next update....may the light of God's love bless you and help you to Glow from Within.....<3

2 comments:

  1. these two hats are adorable. you are an amazing lady, an amazing friend. thank you for having such a loving heart Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turtle, you touch my heart so much with your kind words! <3 Thank you for all that you encourage and inspire me to be and do!! I am grateful that you are in my life and that we have become the friends we are! <3 Love you so much!

      Delete