Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Just a small update

Good evening everyone! :) Just wanted to make a small update and make sure everyone knows, I AM still working on my hats even though the updates seem a little sporadic lately. I was feeling a little off for about a month, yes, I know what the problem is and have taken steps to do what I can to feel more myself. I am happy to report that it is working beautifully! I finally was able to make a little boys raccoon hat, after going and getting the correct color of grey that I wanted for him. He turned out so much cuter than I thought he was going to! This here is Rocky Raccoon :)



I am working on a man's checkered hat right now. I thought I would be able to finish it tonight, but just didn't quite get there. I have covered 13 journals in fabric to prepare for my trip to my sister's this weekend coming up, for our Journey Journaling party. I still have two journals to cover in fabric and pack and gahhhhhhh.....I seem to be running out of time LOL!

I have found recently that the older I get, the more I find beauty in everything! It is really too bad that when we are young we don't take the time to find the beauty all around us. As time passes by and the world continues to turn, our children grow up and leave home, and this is where we contemplate how well we have done in raising our children, and taking the time to sit out on the patio and enjoy the hummingbirds or a beautiful sunset, or just the quietness in our lives. <3 Yes, I'm feeling contemplative this evening, thinking back on when my Great Nephew was just born, and now he has graduated and will be leaving for Marine Corp boot camp. He was such a tiny thing when he was born, not even 3 pounds! I couldn't be more prouder of the young man he is today! <3

As I sign off this evening, I encourage each of you to tell those you love and care about that you do, for life goes very quickly and we never know what tomorrow will bring or if we will even have a tomorrow. I love you all so very much, thank you for reading and supporting me in my quest to bring a small piece of sunshine and beauty to those who need that positivity in their lives! Until my next update, may the light of God's love help you to Glow from Within......<3

3 comments:

  1. Hi momma! I have found some more journals so we will have to catch up one day next week. IF u have some free time. I also found the beanies I made last year as I have not made a single one this year. I've been a little busy ;). Your blog tonight hit a cord made me cry. I love u tons and u are very special to me. <3. Thank you for being you and putting some cheer when people are down. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't mean to make you cry, but then we always cry at one point or another when we get together LOL I love you too Mo', more than I could ever express in words! Thank you for always being there for me and loving me for who I am! And it goes without saying that I appreciate all of your support and donations!!!! We will get together this week coming up, we will figure it out! I will be home Sunday afternoon from Mammoth, so text me!! :)

      And Cousin, I see you!! Sending you my love and prayers! When I get there, I'm gonna hug you so tight you won't be able to breathe!!!!!! <3

      Delete