Sunday, September 7, 2014

Ooops, was I supposed to be cleaning?!

Good Morning all my friends! I hope my update finds you all healthy and happy on this beautiful Sunday morning :)  I took a week off from work, with the best intentions of getting my fall cleaning done, but only got about half of it done LOL My goal was to create a hat and clean a room for each day I was off and at home. Ha ha ha, yeah...okay! In my own defense, it started out that way ;), then I went to my sister's house (as planned) and stayed a day longer (not planned) than I was going to. Well, we DID get 60 composition notebooks covered in fabric, so we WERE busy! I think I may have dropped my cleaning motivation off on the side of the road on the way back, because I absolutely have none to finish my fall cleaning. I'm SURE I will get back to it, as it is still kind of driving my OCD brain a little crazy having dust and grime all over everything, but this weekend it is not going to get done :D I am going to enjoy my last day off before it is time to go back to work tomorrow. I still have to cover the inside of these journals with pretty paper, but here is a picture of our additional stash of journals.


I have another case sitting here in my office/craft room to cover with fabric and paper also. Right now, I believe our stash count sits at 94 journals covered, with 34 ready to decorate!! Now add the 11 that my beautiful daughter has already decorated, and a case of 20 still left to cover and.....you do the math, it's too early for my brain LOL :)  WOOOHOOOOO for our little group!!! :) I have enough to create a Journey Journaling party/event so we can get them decorated. I think this will be fabulously fun and I hope that I get a few people who want to come and join us! Here is another shot of the most recently covered journals and a shot of a donation by my beautiful friend Rhonda of yarn, thank you from the depths of my heart and soul!!!



I have quite a few pictures of hat's that I have made and a couple that my sister made also. So let's just get to it shall we? The last hat I just finished up this morning and I created it without a pattern or picture, just started crocheting it last night because I just couldn't find what I wanted to make online. :) 









There you have it, all the hat's we have made so far for this update! Still keeping busy with making the adult hats, so that we have plenty to donate at the beginning of December!! Ahhhhhhhh, this date is fast approaching, this year is just FLYING by!!!

I had promised a couple of updates ago, that I would find my poem that I look at when I'm feeling sad, or low, or just struggling in general. My sister sent this to me when my honey was unemployed and we were struggling to make ends meet and staying positive. It has helped me immensely whenever I have needed it, hopefully sharing it with everyone may help out someone else that needs it.

It's In The Valleys I Grow
 
Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then, that I have to remember,
It's in the valleys that I grow.
 
If I always stayed on the mountain top,
And never experienced pain.
I would never appreciate God's love,
And would be living in vain.
 
I have so much to learn,
And my growth is so very slow.
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys that I grow.
 
I do not always understand,
Why things happen as they do.
But, I am very sure of one thing,
My Lord will see me through.
 
My little valleys or nothing,
When I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death,
His victory was Satan's loss.
 
Forgive me, Lord, for complaining,
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder,
It's in the valleys that I grow.
 
Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share Your love with others
And help them find their way.
 
Thank you for the valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys that I grow.
 
 
Sending my love out to each and every one of you, and thank you for supporting us and following us throughout our journey~ until my next update...may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within.............<3
 







No comments:

Post a Comment