Sunday, September 28, 2014

I really need a BIGGER craft room!

Good evening and much love! I am finding that I'm having a hard time finding a place to put everything...you know things like, yarn, scrapbook paper, composition notebooks, etc...:) Thankfully, I have an awesome hubby who came into my office/craft room and helped me a little bit this evening and now I have a little bit more space. It was getting a tad claustrophobic in here, what with a chair (for a lack of a place to put it) in the middle of the floor, and a box of yarn next to it, and then a case of composition notebooks beside that...LOL Needless to say, everything has now been rearranged and moved into it's proper spot. Now, I have to figure out how to get a certain "spot" on my shelf vacated so I can use that also (we won't name any names on who that spot belongs to, who NEVER comes in here anyway). ;P We are still a really LONG way from where I would like this room to be, but it is slowly getting there and a little more organization will keep my OCD'ness in check ;) , mostly.

I have finally set a date for our Journey Journaling event, and have sent out invites. I am super EXCITED to finally be getting this set up. A couple of weekends ago, I covered the inside pages of all the fabric covered journals that I had, and also stamped them with a little stamp that my sister in MD gave to me. I will share a little picture of stamped pages below. I want whomever decorates a journal to put their name in the back, so that the patients who receive them KNOW who's creativity they are looking at (no last names, just a first name).


Cute right?! I must send my unending gratitude to my friend who is allowing me to have this at her house, as my house just isn't big enough! She has such a huge heart and I'm eternally grateful for all her help in organizing our event. I just hope more people will want to attend than just a handful of us ;) It will be November 1st, so we have plenty of time to get Halloween out of the way (you all do remember this is my FAVORITE holiday, right?) and it is before we really start gearing ourselves up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)  May have some wine to go along with our finger foods and desserts...so it promises to be FUN!!!! :D

I have been busily creating hats, so I haven't been sitting still...well, at least my hands have not been still anyway LOL I have several pictures for you to enjoy of the latest creations, and please remember that I get my patterns offline and they are normally free, I just have decided that I really don't have a lot of time to put links in here, as I don't think anyone looks at them anyway. So credit goes out to all those who offer free patterns online, I appreciate them very much!!! I am always looking for new designs to make hats with, and these hats are donated to cancer patients. So enjoy the next few pictures of a couple of men's hats and several ladies hats!!







I don't know how I got so off with my ladies hats vs men's hats, but somehow I got my creativity wires crossed LOL  I LOVE them all!!! The last hat pictured was inspired by a beautiful bouquet of flowers that I bought to brighten my kitchen table, I loved the colors so much that I just KNEW I had to make a hat with those colors. :)  Inspiration comes from all over the place, and most of the time it is just the simplest thing that has inspired me. I'm so grateful for the blessings of being able to create hats and journals and for the beautiful people in my life that support this wonderful journey! I leave you with an angel, this is a beautiful work of art and it inspires me and makes me think of the many angels surrounding all of us. Until my next update may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within...........<3





No comments:

Post a Comment