Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lazy Sunday's are BEST

Good Morning to all on this beautiful Sunday morning! It is a beautiful day here in AZ with a slight breeze keeping it comfortable outside, last week it just got downright HOT and it is just too early for that. I say lazy Sundays are best because for the last few weekends, I have been running into myself coming and going, so this weekend has just been a weekend of relaxing and working on hats and the baby blanket which MUST get done within the next two weeks so that I can get it shipped to Spain. I knew Jaxson would make his arrival this weekend and I was not wrong, he arrived 4/13/14 (Spain is a day ahead of us here in the States) at a healthy 7lbs 8 oz. <3 For those of you who don't know, he is my 2nd "pretend" grand baby :)  I always say pretend because his parent's are like my own, his Daddy grew up with my son and I've always looked at him as my other son <3 I'm sure that Jaxson's big sister Quora will be a great "helper" to Mommy!

Happenings of this week abound! I created a specific page for Hats from the Heart/My Journal Journals on Facebook, you can check it out here Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals if you like, please feel free to like and share! Sharing is caring and you never know who's heart you will touch or who may want to help us out. I'm excited that I have 69 likes so far :D!! I have been blessed with a couple of people that I don't even know (met through cousin in law on facebook) that want to donate and thank you never does seem to quite cover the generosity of people I have come in contact with. I hope they know that I could never express my thanks enough but the deepest heartfelt thanks goes out to all those that support, donate, encourage and inspire me to continue our journey <3!

I also send my prayers up for my second family for comfort and guidance in their time of need. Too often we get busy with our lives and forget that time is flying and that none of us know when our time is up in this earthly realm. My blog is not meant for any sadness, but as a reminder to us all that life is very, very short and we should love and appreciate those surrounding us and live each day as if it is our last, for all too soon our lesson's have been learned and our time has come to a close. One other important reminder to all, do not feel guilty for other's choices that they have made. If it comes to the point that you must let them go, then let them go with grace, wish them love and happiness in their lives, let go and let God.

Now who wishes to see what my little hands have been creating this weekend? I was asked to make a hat for a friends Mother-in-law's friend who has cancer and it took me 4 days to finish it, but I did! :)  I tried a specific pattern twice and had to rip it out because try as I might, I just couldn't get the pattern to work out correctly. So after the second time of ripping it out (even my hubby said, "maybe you better try another pattern") I decided to go back to the drawing board and find another pattern. :) She wanted sunflower yellow, but I couldn't find any yarn in that color (it's springtime and that color apparently just went away until fall) so I found a daffodil yellow and decided on a denim look flower with a denim button in the middle. You can find this pattern over at Meladora's Creations and here is my resulting creation.


My next hat was a bit more challenging, thank heaven's for video tutorials! :)  This is a man/adult cabled beanie. I don't think I could have figured it out from a written pattern at all, but once I got the hang of it, it went fairly quickly. I found this on YouTube and as you all know I have pins all over Pinterest that take me to different sites for the patterns.



And the last one created this morning was a ladies brimmed/baseball hat with shrinky dink plastic heart buttons (created by my little sister). The pattern was found over at Miss Knittles Knit & Crochet on facebook.



Oh my, I just remembered one I almost forgot to post a picture of *gasp* how could I forget this one? A lovely burgundy ladies beret with an antique~ish button. This pattern was found over at Elk Studio where there are some lovely free patterns.



I told you I had been BUSY!! :D Now, I must bid you all a beautiful Sunday and go put another load of laundry in and run errands, but please stay tuned for more updates coming soon! :)  Until my next update may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment