Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Happy New Year all, a little late, but better than not at all! ;) Though the New Year has been started for 5 days now, I have not been sitting still. I have completed two hats so far for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3, with many more waiting in the wings to be created. One of my resolutions for this year is to blog more often, so to keep everyone more up to date with the happenings of our group, small though it may be. I also would like to learn more about blogging and getting things all linked up, but that seems to always get shoved to the back burner, because hey, let's face it, it isn't at the top of my list of priorities! LOL

I first must finish up posting of pictures for 2013, as I was remiss in my blogging duties :( and did not get it finished with all the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The first set of pictures are of hats that my friend Deb made for us, for which I will forever be grateful and indebted to her for all of her help! I absolutely love them all!











Then we have some Journey Journals created by my friend Jen and her sister Rachelle. They are super cute also!













Thank you to all who have helped in the past and are still helping, it means so very much to me and especially those that benefit from our yearly donations!

Speaking of yearly donations... :) This is the 3rd year for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 and I'm just as enthusiastic and excited about it now as I was when I first started this project! You will always read or hear me say that I simply cannot express in words the feelings I get when I drop the hats and journals off, or with each hat or journal I make. I always hope and pray for more help with the making of the hats and journals, but God knows best and in His own time He will provide us with what is needed. I am forever grateful for the blessing of being able to give of my heart and soul to those in need. Now, before I start getting all teary eyed (and if you know me, you KNOW I will and I do frequently) let's move on to other news. I am waiting for my contact to get back to me with an address for the MD Anderson in TX, so that I can ship the children's hats to them. I sent an email off and got a response very quickly, but with the New Year holiday, offices were closed so that has created a minor delay. I will keep all informed of when I ship them off!

Now I have two creations for you for the start of 2014. My first creation is a man's Leaping Stripes and Blocks beanie, and you can find the pattern for this hat over at Moogly's blog.


And my next creation was a ladies Tezzie beanie, to which I added a flower. I love the colors, as it puts me in mind of Spring time and they are just soft colors that appeal to me. This pattern can be found over at Cat's Rockin Crochet and they both were very easy patterns to follow. :)


These are the only two creations so far, but stay tuned for more updates!! I WILL update more frequently!! Even though I am still working on late Christmas presents and more baby gifts, I feel that I'm making great progress so far! I hope that you and yours are happy and healthy and that the New Year has started out on a great note for all! Until my next update, may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within...... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment