Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A day late on posting :(

Good evening all! I am a day late in posting this, always so much happening with my "social" schedule this time of year...I think I run into myself coming and going LOL. Yesterday was donation day for the adult hats and journals that we worked so hard on all year, and I was simply GLOWING after we dropped everything off <3 I do have several pictures, but OMGness, my hubby did not get one good shot of my face ha ha ha!! I was trying to figure out a monetary value for everything donated for a receipt (something new they are doing), and as you can tell from the pictures, I was struggling with this aspect of it.





Now as some of you may know from my facebook post, I have not donated the children's hats as of yet. I struggled with the decision to not donate to where we donated them to last year, but after much prayer and speaking with two of my sister's and hubby about it, I have decided to wait to donate them and let the Spirit guide me to where they are needed and wanted. I have a contact at MD Anderson in Houston, TX, that I will be emailing this week to see about shipping them to their facility and what the correct protocol is, I will keep everyone informed of when this will be happening!

In the next week or so, I will try to post the pictures of hats and journals that were donated to <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 to complete the year of 2013 blog postings. I'm running short on time this evening (again), so I must close my ramblings.

I am so HAPPY to know that what we do with the hats and journals DO make a difference in the lives of patients! When we arrived to make our donation, we had a little bit of time to wait (we are ALWAYS early) so I wanted to see what this beautiful sculptured tree in the lobby was all about, as this was new and not there last year. So I wandered over to have a closer look. This tree is covered in hundreds of multi colored ribbons and is called the "Tree of Hope". Beside this tree is a stand with a clear acrylic box with ribbons of multiple colors in it. The placard above it has the many different colors of the Cancer Awareness ribbons and states that "if you know someone who is battling cancer or has battled cancer, please tie a ribbon on the Tree of Hope in their honor". YES, I did, and YES, as they are starting to now, the tears were there. I cannot explain the feelings that I am often overwhelmed with, this means so very much to me and I will continue on this journey until I am physically unable to do so. I had the joy of seeing a patient walking by as we were donating and speaking with her and hugging her and seeing the smile on her face, this STILL makes me emotional (I do wear those on my sleeve). Until my next update may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within.... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment