Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween is simply my favorite holiday!

Good Morning all! I just LOVE Halloween, it is quite simply my favorite holiday. Now, I know most would say WHAAAAAAAAATTT??? Why isn't it Christmas? Well, as children, we weren't allowed to dress up and go trick~or~treating, or go to Halloween parties either...maybe that is part of the reason why. I love the fall, and the multitude of colors it brings (well not to the southern part of AZ) and the cooler temperatures. I love the witches, skeletons, pumpkins and ghosts (must be my darker side coming out). Now, I do love Christmas also, but it comes in second to Halloween. With that being said, I have created a couple more Halloween themed hats for <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 and I might have some fall themed hats for my next update. We shall see what the next couple of weeks holds in store for me, as I always fly by on a wing and a prayer! ;)

The first hat I have for you, was a challenge in itself!! This hat was made from a pattern I found over at Moogly and it is actually for a "big boy's cabled golf hat". Yes, I turned it into a man's golf hat. Not exactly sure I was real happy with the resulting hat and might have to adjust the pattern a bit more to my liking in the future. Here is my version of the Cabled Golf Hat for a man.


After the challenges of the above hat, I found I needed something a little more simple to work on, so I chose to make a little girl's Ghost hat. This creation was inspired by several pictures I've seen all over the internet, but I used no pattern for it. The color scheme was from my internet inspirations and the rest was simply out of my imagination.


This morning, I decided to go even simpler than that and create a little boy's pumpkin hat. I found this pattern over on Ravelry , where you can find all kinds of free patterns for all kinds of things! Now if all the hats were as quick and simple to make as this one was, I would have at least 100 hats made by now!! :D


That is the extent of my creations for this update, but I have one other creation picture for you. This is a fleece hat made by a beautiful lady, Deb, for our project.


One day, we will meet in person! Quite possibly when donation time comes up...oh my, that is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!! :D I'm running out of time, and I fear I won't get my goal of 80 hats done before the time is here....but it is all good because I just created hat #54! I know that each hat and journal that is created, by myself or by another beautiful soul, will bring smiles and sunshine to the patient that receives it. I am so BLESSED, and I am eternally grateful for the kindness that God has brought into my life from everyone who has contributed in making <3 Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals <3 successful and ongoing!

This has been quite a lengthy update, but when I forget to update on a regular basis, it becomes that way LOL! I am off to finish my nephew's Chain Chomp Hat (even if it kills me lol), so that I can mail it and get started on another side project...2 baby blankets, Christmas presents, Journey Journals and more hats of course!! :D  Until my next update, May the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within....<3

2 comments: