Sunday, November 10, 2013

Preparing for our donation.

Good evening all! It always seems to me that after Halloween, the holidays just sneak up and whacks me in the head, to state unequivocally that I am OUT OF TIME!!! Seriously though, time seems to move faster through that hour glass every year that I get older. It calls to mind a song by Kenny Chesney "Don't Blink" and all the lyrics that go along with it. When you are young, time seems to move slowly and you "can't wait" to turn a certain age, to do certain things and before you know it, your babies are grown and moved away and perhaps having babies of their own. Yes, I sit and think of how quickly time is moving and I look back on my life and ask myself (as I am sure we all do), Where did the time go? I hope and pray that my children take the time to appreciate life and all it has to offer and truly enjoy the little moment's that all too soon become a memory in the pages of Life's scrapbook.

The time is fast approaching in which I donate our hats and journals to MD Anderson and Cardon Children's Hospital, and I am busily trying to get as many hats and journals made as possible before that time. I have made three hats this weekend, but still have not completed any journals yet. I'm hoping to cover the notebooks that I have next weekend and hopefully(fingers crossed), my sister can come for a weekend of Journey Journaling creation in the next couple of weekends. So on with the pictures of the latest additions. This ladies Silver Sparkle beret, was the never ~ ending beret!  LOL I thought I was going to be working on it forever, and it did take me a week to finish! The pattern can be found over at Yarnspirations.


I did make a few adjustments to the pattern, but I always seem to do that anyway. :) The next hat is a man's fall themed striped beanie. I found this pattern over at The Laughing Willow and the stitch is called a camel stitch. It was very easy to make and I love just the touch of fall color mixed with the chocolate brown of the hat.


And lastly is the cutest hat EVER!! Prepare to have cuteness overload, because this hat is that! This is a "pinspiration" only, so a picture and my own imagination. Now when I got the basic hat made, I feared it would not meet my standards because I put the "icing" too far down on the hat, but it turned out WAY better than my expectations! A little girl's gingerbread hat....What do you think?


I am working on another hat, and tried really hard to get it finished for this update, but the hands and wrists said enough and I put it down for the evening. I only have a top hat to make for it, but I cannot see black yarn in the evenings at all, so must wait to make his top hat for another day.

Oh my goodness, I almost totally forgot to put this in here! I have these cards that I will be attaching to each hat with a ribbon before donating them. I will be putting the person's first name on it that created the hat to let the patient's know who made it. My wonderful hubby created these for me after I only mentioned I was playing with the idea in my head (he is so good to me)! The printing of these cards was donated by someone he used to work for, a kindness that does NOT go unnoticed (a thank you card will be making it's way to him soon).  They are very simple, but I don't want to take away from the beauty of the hat or act of kindness itself.



I hope this finds you all in good health, wonderful spirits and preparing for Thanksgiving with much anticipation of good food and good times with family and friends. Until my next update, may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within..... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment