Tuesday, July 4, 2017

I'm BACK, finally!!!

Good Morning all!! First I must say Happy 4th of July, may we all remember what it cost for the freedoms we have! My endless gratitude for the sacrifices made to keep our country free! It has been a long while since I posted, I haven't given up, but I have MISSED working on my hats and journals! Work on hats and journals are steady in our east coast division, The Journey Continues, and it is high time I MAKE the time to get back to it! Where to even begin with all that I wish to share?! I must not only share all the news, but be sure to share from my heart and soul at the same time. So get ready to read :) and please remember to SHARE this blog with friends and family and lets try to get the word out of what a difference we are making in the world around us and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, the difference we are making in cancer patients lives!


I was pretty determined to get back in the groove of making hats and journals, almost a year ago now. Somehow life happened and got in the way, or I just wanted to paint, or I just couldn't get creatively inspired, or some other lame excuse for not getting back to it! My beautiful MIL has a friend whose granddaughter is going through chemo/radiation treatments and so I made 2 hats and a journal for her to take back east to her granddaughter when she goes to help after the granddaughter's surgery. After the special request had been made, I realized how MUCH I missed making a difference by doing this! Though I may enjoy painting and creating art, and giving/selling a painting to someone, it does NOT give me the same AWESOME feeling of making a difference in some ones life. Yes, I believe my art and paintings are beautiful (that's confidence speaking, WHAT?!) and it is soothing and relaxing to let the painting flow from the brush, it is not as AMAZING as knowing deep in your heart and soul that you made someone smile while fighting a horrid disease, that you possibly gave them a ray of hope in the fight against something so devastating in their lives, that you may have brought someone comfort....THIS is why I do this, and THIS IS MY PURPOSE in this life. I KNOW without a shadow of doubt, I was meant to make a difference and THIS is how I am supposed to make it. So MAKE A DIFFERENCE I shall, and I will do my level best to allow myself time to "rest" and not get burnt out. I will allow myself creative outlets, so that I can continue this journey that God put me on. After I finished that special request, I went to work one day and found in my phone, the recording of my radio show interview by Barbara Bruce and this was finally my inspiration to get BACK to what my purpose is! My awesomely supportive hubby was talking to me that very same evening and was talking about one of his client's (he has never met her in person yet) and how his GM in Tucson had stated she was fighting cancer and today was the first time he had seen her without her scarf. So I decided to make a white hat (she is always dressed in white, perhaps medical field is why), with a purple scarf. I am including another scarf so she can change it out if she wishes to. She also receives a journal that my sister made some time ago that has just been waiting for that special recipient, Now, I will state here that my hubby picked the journal out to go with this hat and he will be delivering them probably next week when he goes to Tucson.


I have a few photo's to share that has happened in 2017, and I will try my hardest to update my blog WAY more frequently. I know some people may not take the time to read this, but I want to keep this going as a way to remind myself that when I create and write from my heart and soul it makes a difference in some one's life and maybe I will inspire someone else to BE THE CHANGE!!! <3


These are from the beginning of the year and are of my sis Vicky and her friend Ginny in our east coast division The Journey Continues. These were taken when they donated the hats and journals that they along with Sherry tirelessly worked on. I'm ever so grateful and blessed to have them working and donating hats and journals, not to mention honored that they chose to be a division of Hats from the Heart/My Journey Journals. The thank you letter from on of the hospital's they donated to means so very much to us all! <3








And here are the few photo's of hats and a journal that I have made as special requests through out this year. A couple are just for the stash that I will be donating to Summit Health in Pinetop/Showlow AZ  and MD Anderson in TX.












Please remember donations are always accepted and deeply appreciated, yarn must be soft (you can test this by rubbing it on the inside of your arm). Any scrapbook supplies, charms, buttons, composition notebooks, fabric (must be 'fat quarter' size to cover the composition notebook), Aleene's tacky glue, and soft yarn are accepting with deepest gratitude. HELP is desperately needed and appreciated in our AZ division (which is me!!!), right now it is only me and I'm only one person :)


I leave you with prayers and love, gratitude for continuing to follow our journey even when progress stopped altogether on my end or is just slow to happen! Never underestimate the difference you can make in some one's life by being kind, sharing a smile or a laugh and just by loving someone else. BE THE CHANGE and sprinkle kindness to all in your path. Until my next update, may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow From Within! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment