Monday, June 23, 2014

A rough June

Good afternoon all! Hope this update finds everyone healthy and happy. :)  It has been a rough month to say the least, but thankfully it is almost over, and better days are ahead. June, especially Father's Day, has always been rough to get through for me and my sisters. This marks the 27th year of our Daddy's passing, so we always feel the pain of missing his physical presence a little bit sharper in June. My older sister feels it even sharper as she lost a dear friend on her birthday many years ago also. I guess the blade just wasn't sharp enough for me, so June decided to sharpen it's blade on me as well. In the early morning hours, about 12:30, our precious princess Coco (our littlest dog) was being the bravest little guard dog and barking at 3 dogs outside our back fence. She was tiny, but she was fierce and she wasn't the typical "ankle biting yapper" that most small dogs are, she only barked when there was something amiss. She was taken from our back yard and our lives forever by a vicious owl. :'( We were all heartbroken and devastated as she was such a sweet precious puppy, who blessed our lives for the 5 years we had her. It was a horrid way to spend Father's Day, and it is forever doubly marred for me. We will forever and always love and miss you Coco!!! <3 <3 <3 I vowed not to fill my blog with any sadness, however, I felt I owed you all an brief explanation for my long absence from updating my blog.

I am STILL trying to get into a new routine since my work hours have changed to 8-5. I still get up at the same time every morning, but seem to be going to bed an hour later LOL This does not do me any great favors, as I'm totally exhausted by the time Friday rolls around. Hopefully soon, I'll have a routine down and will have more updates of hats and journals for you. I do have 3 new hats to show off and I spent most of the day cutting fabric for Journey Journals. I now have a stack of 101 pieces of fabric cut and ready to cover journals. I still have 3 large pieces of material to cut yet, may do some more this evening just to get the fabric all cut and stacked and off my hubby's pool table ;) I'm sure he would appreciate that, God bless him, he is so patient with me and my craft stuff lying about all over the place! I know school sales will be starting soon, so I'm keeping that in mind because we can get composition notebooks a lot cheaper by the case when they are on sale.

So here is the first hat for you, I just simply LOVE how this one turned out....will have to add links later on as I don't have them on my desk top computer. A ladies lovely green summery hat. I found this pattern over at MNE Crafts where you will find lots of patterns!








A ladies pink breast cancer awareness sun hat is up next. I found this pattern over at Craftsy , they have free patterns and patterns for sale on that site.







And I finished up this man's camo surface braid hat this morning. This pattern was found over at The Laughing Willow.






I think they all turned out pretty great, and I'm anxious to get back to making more hats, so won't spend a lot more time on updating. I am still planning on having a Journey Journaling "get together", just haven't mapped out the "when" and the "where" of it yet. If anyone has any ideas on this, please feel free to contact me through my email or text me if you know me well enough to have my number ;)

I send my love and prayers to all with this posting, life is so very short, whether it be for us as humans, or for our pets (we love and treat them as our family because they are) as animals. Losing one of our family members is extremely painful and heartbreaking for those of us left to carry on, yes we know that they are waiting for us on the other side, but the loss of their physical presence will always be a pain that is felt sharply. Please love and treat each other and your pets with love, dignity and respect and always spread kindness wherever you go, you never know who's life you will touch or what battle they are fighting. Until my next update may the light of God's love touch your heart and soul and help you to Glow from Within.....<3


No comments:

Post a Comment